Skip to main content

Smith CountySchool System

School Nutrition

School Nutrition

 Becky Cookston
Supervisor School Nutrition

Becky Cookston graduated from Smith County High School in 1974. She received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Home Economics Education from Middle Tennessee State University in 1978. Becky's first teaching position was at Sequatchie County High School in Dunlap, Tennessee, where she taught for six years. In 1984, she returned to Smith County where she taught home economics and various junior high classes at Smith County High School for six years. She transferred to Union Heights Elementary School in 1990 and  taught 6th, 7th, and 8th grade classes for eleven years. Becky came to work at the Smith County Board of Education in 2001 as the School Nutrition Supervisor.
Michelle Allen
School Nutrition Bookkeeper/Payroll Clerk

Mrs. Michelle Allen





Non Discrimination Statement


“In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


(1)          mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

               Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

               1400 Independence Avenue, SW

               Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;


(2)           fax: (202) 690-7442; or


(3)           email:


“This institution is an equal opportunity provider.”